Latest aviation information...
Link opens in new window

Caribbean Regional Aviation NEtwork :: The global meeting place for all of Caribbean regional aviation - Welcome to our Global Concourse!
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014

Click Here For Better Aviation Insurance

All times are UTC

Post subject: What is REALLY going on?
UNREAD_POSTPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 
Unranked
Unranked

What is REALLY going on at the BLAC? I've been watching with interest the discussions on two facebook group pages, the Barbados Light Aeroplane Club, and Aviation Hub @ BLAC (http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/16179533213/ and http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/aviationhubblac/ respectively), and it seems that the Club is doing alot of infighting and name-calling, generally surrounding the Management.

Can someone clear the air? I remember that the Club always had its issues - is there noone willing to finally sort it out? Will the Management be told to take a hike? How will they respond to Coconut Airways, and what is the future of flight training in Barbados?

Post subject: Re: What is REALLY going on?
UNREAD_POSTPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

If what is really happening is as they yoot describe, then I think there may be a sea change coming in the BLAC Executive, whether this year or next. Islandflyer would have seen some of the advice I gave those yoot, but I also gave a great deal - at least that much again - privately by message.

Those who have smarts, maturity and see the bigger picture know when to give up power... it is usually when they no longer have the imagination to lead the organisation forwards, to continue means stagnation or increasing friction with the Members... as the Executive in power gets older and older, the Membership seems to get younger and younger.

All the yoot have to do is to be prepared... do things legally and without rancour, and there will eventually be a transition. Hopefully the yoot will pay attention and do their homework, and the future of the BLAC will be assured in due course (whenever that may be).